Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stairs to the Monastery


Even though there were no tourists around while I was shooting below, there were a bunch of crazy feral cats. They were running around and acting extra-scary. In fact, they kind of freaked me out… I would turn dark corners and loony black cats would jump out or run across the path. If a wild cat bites you, can you catch something? I figure there are cat experts around here that know these things… !!
I went up and down those stairs about six times throughout the night to explore this amazing place. The best part was that it was completely bereft of tourists. Whenever you get to walk around a huge medieval walled town like this in the middle of the night with no one around, you really begin to feel like you’re not supposed to be there, as if you’ve broken into some place secret…

No comments:

Post a Comment